Republican Ballot Propositions
(Yes or no. Note that #1 and #10 are not mutually exclusive but each stands alone.)
- Texas should replace the property tax system with an appropriate consumption tax equivalent.
- No governmental entity should ever construct or fund construction of toll roads without voter approval.
- Republicans in the Texas House should select their Speaker nominee by secret ballot in a binding caucus without Democrat influence.
- Texas should require employers to screen new hires through the free E-Verify system to protect jobs for legal workers.
- Texas families should be empowered to choose from public, private, charter, or homeschool options for their children’s education, using tax credits or exemptions without government constraints or intrusion.
- Texas should protect the privacy and safety of women and children in spaces such as bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers in all Texas schools and government buildings.
- I believe abortion should be abolished in Texas.
- Vote fraud should be a felony in Texas to help ensure fair elections.
- Texas demands that Congress completely repeal Obamacare.
- To slow the growth of property taxes, yearly revenue increases should be capped at 4%, with increases in excess of 4% requiring voter approval.
- Tax dollars should not be used to fund the building of stadiums for professional or semi-professional sports teams.